The 明尼苏达州 Construction Association is a non-profit organization that fosters education, recognition and networking for students and 业内专业人士. We are dedicated to helping you graduate, connect with 业内专业人士 and shape your career. To take advantage of a member benefits, scholarships and more, 加入的 免费的 今天!
- 免费参加所有的MCA活动. 基于可用性.
- Discover opportunities that will help you start and advance your career.
- Develop effective leadership and communication skills needed to succeed in the industry.
- Gain first-hand experience in the construction community by collaborating with professors, 业内专业人士, 和同龄人.
- Get paired with a mentor in the industry to be a resource and help you learn the ropes. 基于可用性.
- Network and make connections with industry leaders of all trades.
MCA is dedicated to helping students excel in their college or university program. 自2011年以来, MCA捐款57美元,500 in scholarship funds to 34 students at 9 different colleges to help achieve their education goals. 查看奖学金的完整列表.
The 明尼苏达州 Construction Association would like to congratulate the 2021-2022 recipients of the MCA Annual Scholarship. We look forward to their continued growth and contributions to the construction industry not only here in 明尼苏达州 and abroad! Please take a minute to get to know each of the students below.
Hi! 我叫Karli Schmitt. 我就读于明尼阿波里斯市的明尼苏达大学, 明尼苏达州, 学习建设管理和商法. 2021年秋天，我就要上大学四年级了. Once I graduate, I plan on working full-time in the construction industry. 我很幸运有这4年, worth of internships under my belt and I look forward to applying these experiences to a full-time position as a project engineer or project manager in the future.
我叫贾斯汀·巴布科克, and I am going to be a Senior at the University of 明尼苏达州- Twin Cities in the fall studying Civil Engineering with a minor in Construction Management. I am incredibly honored to be a winner of the 2021-2022 明尼苏达州 Construction Association Scholarship. 当我期待毕业的时候, I aspire to join the industry in either a graduate engineer or construction management role. I greatly appreciate the time and consideration of the committee, 以及组织的慷慨.
Hello, my name is Rhett Tinklenberg and I am a junior at South Dakota State University. I am majoring in Construction Management with a minor in Engineering Management and Heavy Highway/Utilities Construction. 在我毕业后, I hope to work as a Superintendent or Project Manager for a commercial construction company in the Midwest.
我叫泰勒·希森, 我就读于明尼苏达州立大学, 曼卡多, 今年秋天就高三了. Following graduation this spring I plan to work for a large General Contractor starting as a Field Engineer and/or Estimator. I am currently a Field Engineer Intern at PCL Construction, and I am really enjoying it. This internship has helped me narrow down what I want to do with my future by helping me decide that I am leaning towards the Project Management route.
资源指南 & 博客
- How to Ace Your Job Interview: A Guide for 学生 Entering the Construction Industry
- How to Network Successfully: A Guide for 学生 Entering the Construction Industry
吕弗勒建设 & 咨询
Veit & 公司,公司.
In 1月 2020, Construct*ium set out to reboot the 辅导项目 with our collegiate partners. Construct*ium was able to partner with the University of 明尼苏达州-Twin Cities and their CCAPS Program. 这真是太棒了, 已经建立了, program that the MCA could help provide the needed mentors to their construction program students. We will continue to be part of that group and hope to have more mentors available this year.
当银河电子app下载展望21-22学年及以后, the MCA is looking to grow the program and partner with our other campus partners. The goal is to help be a support system for the campuses that already have mentorship programs and help those who do not have programs already in place.
- You will be exposed to multiple networking opportunities with 业内专业人士
- Further advancement of your soft skills: (Group coordination is a large part of the construction industry)
- Mentor Job Shadowing *Actual job shadowing is subject to the Mentor’s company discretion.
- It is your responsibility to make initial contact with your assigned Mentor.
- Spend an average of 2-4 hours a month interacting with your Mentor: Comprised of face-to-face, 电子邮件, 和电话通信.
- 尊重和考虑. Please remember that your Mentor is a working professional.
- 玩得开心并问问题! 这个程序是由你来做的. This is a chance to gain real-world experience for your future career goals.
If you are interested in joining the program please reach out to 埃里克 Quam at 埃里克.Quam@KrausAnderson.com 或者填写下面的申请表.